Why have a Safari Destination Wedding?
A destination wedding lets you combine a holiday/honeymoon with your closest friends and family, enjoying time together before and after the wedding.
It is also usually cheaper than a normal wedding, latest stats state that an average of $30 000 is spent on the actual event in the US, that is not including the honeymoon or wedding bands, dress etc. For that kind of money a couple can have a 5 star safari wedding at a world renowned lodge and a honeymoon at the same time and still have change for shopping!
For couples getting married for a second time or the more mature couple it is the perfect way to celebrate their union without going the traditional route.
What Do You Need to Know?
- Getting married in South Africa is legal for foreigners as long as you have the correct documentation, this said, we recommend that you handle the legalities back at home as it can sometimes prove to be a lengthly process when it comes to the paperwork.
- Same sex marriages are legal in South Africa.
- The marriage officer will assist with all the info required once a booking is made so that your day runs smoothly. It is our job to handle the nitty gritties, its your job to enjoy your special day!
- Having a budget is the first priority. Once you have decided on a budget it is much easier to approach a planner and ask them to co-ordinate your wedding.
- Getting to South Africa is easy, most major airlines run several flights a day to Johannesburg. It is then a short 1 hour flight to Hoedspruit from OR Tambo airport or why not fly via private charter directly into the game reserve. Alternatively it is approximately a 5 hour road trip. If you are travelling up to the Waterberg it is a short 2 hour drive. Tranfers can be arranged through us but flights and car hire must be booked separately.
- We are here to advise you every step of the way!
Whatever your reason, make sure that you choose the right company to help you plan your day, register now for our newsletter by emailing email@example.com.
Luxury Safari Weddings has preselected themes for your ease of selection. Coose from one of the themes below or tell us your chosen theme.
- Out of Africa – imagine a by-gone era of silver service and classic, colonial luxury in the heart of the bush.
- Tribal – A traditional African styled theme. Warm colours and beading, reflecting the richness of the African culture.
- Elements of Nature – Elegant and simple with natural elements to compliment the beautiful surroundings.
Click to download our questionnaire
Authentic African Couture
Looking for something different when it comes to a wedding dress? Why don’t you check out these beautiful African inspired wedding dresses, all custom made to your specifications. Visit www.shiftingsands.co.za for more beautifully designed dresses.