If you are planning on getting married and the thought of the traditional white wedding makes you break out in a cold sweat then you should consider a destination wedding. Getting married in an exotic destination has been popular for some years now, especially for those couples looking at getting a honeymoon thrown in for free.
Where the barefoot on the beach wedding does still have appeal, many couples are now looking for something just a bit more exciting and exotic.
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider a safari wedding.
- If the idea of dressing up in colonial style khaki’s and sipping G and T’s around a boma fire the night before your wedding appeals to you.
- If an intimate wedding shared with your nearest and dearest friends and family in a luxury bush setting is your cup of tea.
- To experience a magical moment surrounded by the beauty of the African bush with those closest to you.
- If having a couples massage on a deck overlooking a waterhole visited by zebra, giraffe and elephant sounds like the ideal way to spend your last few hours of being single.
- You will have bragging rights for years for having the most exotic wedding out of all your friends.
Why not combine your wedding and honeymoon and celebrate your love in a memorable yet affordable way by getting married at one of the worlds 5 star, luxury game lodges in South African Lowveld. After the wedding you are then able to jet off to Cape Town for a few days of exploring the Winelands and sipping fine wine before returning home to start your married life, refreshed and relaxed. If you prefer you could hop to Zanzibar or Mauritius for a few days luxuriating on the beach before heading back to the real world, or try some of the gorgeous beaches along the South African coast.